Beginning January 1, 2018, adults with full-scope Medi-Cal will have more dental benefits! Learn what benefits are restored and how to access dental care. Some resources for you to use:
- Western Center on Law & Poverty has a handy one-page fact sheet on Medi-Cal dental benefits.
- “Your Dental Services in Medi-Cal” a pamphlet in English and Spanish by Asian Americans Advancing Justice, California Pan Ethnic Health Network, and Justice in Aging.
- California Healthline’s “Ask Emily” column has tips for finding a dentist:
- To search for dentists who accept fee-for-service Denti-Cal, which is the primary service model for most of the state, visit the Denti-Cal website at http://bit.ly/DCDentists or call 800-322-6384.
- If you live in Sacramento or Los Angeles County and have managed-care Denti-Cal, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-464-3888.
- You can also call your local dental society, which likely maintains a list of dentists in the area who accept Denti-Cal. You can find your branch by visiting the California Dental Association website (www.cda.org) and clicking on the “About CDA” tab.
Remember! If you have questions or trouble accessing dental services, contact the Health Consumer Alliance (HCA) for free and confidential information. Call HCA’s statewide toll free number (1-888-805-3536) and you will be connected automatically to the local health consumer center in your area. Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.