HCA is a network of ten consumer assistance programs operated by community-based legal services organizations across the state of California.
HCA’s expert health care advocates provide in-depth assistance to individual consumers, and work in partnership to address systemic issues on a policy level. HCA’s policy work is supported by the Western Center on Law & Poverty and the National Health Law Program.
HCA advocates provide a full range of confidential legal services, including negotiating with health plans, filing grievances and requests for Independent Medical Review with the State Department of Managed Health Care, and appeals against Medi-Cal and Covered California.
HCA’s direct service partners are:
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- California Rural Legal Assistance
- Central California Legal Services
- Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance
- Inland Counties Legal Assistance
- Legal Aid Society of Orange County
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Legal Services of Northern California
- Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
Consumers living in any area of the state can get individual assistance by calling 1-888-804-3536 and providing their zip code.
Download our flyer here.